Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Bumpdate: 25 Weeks


December 3rd – 9th, 2013
 
So what has been going on this week?
Got our Christmas tree. Celebrated one year in our house (that we forgot about until yesterday). Continued working on painting the nursery furniture (almost done!). Etc. Etc. We hit the 99 day mark on 12/9/13!
 
How far along?
25 Weeks.
 
Maternity Clothes?
Yeah. I can still wear some no-maternity tank tops and sweaters, but for the most part, I’m in it to win it.
 
Stretch Marks?
Dun dun duuuun. I found them. A couple small ones on the inside of my thighs. Which I guess isn’t that big of a deal since no one will probably ever see t hem. BUT, I got Body Butter and I’m giving that a whirl. Maybe it will calm things down.
 
Movement?
I don’t know what’s got into this dude, but he is on the move. It’s funny, I was telling Big A that every time I’m thinking I haven’t felt him in awhile, he moves. It’s like he reads my mind and says “I’m right here Mom, I’m fine!”. And it is fun to see which food really get him going. I had pancakes and orange juice for breakfast yesterday, woah man. He must have had a major sugar rush.
 
Food cravings?
Ice cream is good. But I’m not DYING for it now that I’ve had it. Goldfish are a good staple if I get in a jam and am hungry. I just found this new granola cereal that rocked my socks, so that will probably be my new obsession for the week. And water is my new best friend. I need it. All the time. The colder the better.
Nausea, vomiting, or sickness?
No. I honestly have to say, and I make sure to tell people this when I’m complaining about how much I don’t like being pregnant. I really don’t have anything to complain about. I was never sick. I’ve had a wonderful healthy pregnancy. It’s just not for me. But thank GOD no. No sickness.
 
What I miss:
Wine. Italian subs. Sleeping on my stomach. Not being tired. A waist line. Being able to put my shoes on without a struggle. Getting up from the couch without grunting. Not feeling like a poltergeist is going to rip through my belly button.
 
Symptoms?
Still got the super rib pain. I’ve been getting a lot of stretching pain near my belly button. Like dude’s about to bust through like the Kool-aid guy on Family Guy! I just feel sore and stretched.
 
Best moment this week?
I’m still just amazed when I feel him move around. It really is such a trip. I mean, there’s a life, inside me. So weird. While I definitely don’t think I’ll miss the feeling, I’m going to enjoy it while I have it.
Workouts:
Ugh. Eff me. I just. I can’t. The weather sucks. There’s 12,000 things to do around the house. The DVD player is in the garage. I’m the Queen of excuses. I’m trying. I am. I just, I suck.
 
Gender:
BOY!
 
Sleep?
Doing OK. I wake up to pee most nights, which isn’t that bad since I’ve been falling right back to sleep. Sunday night I was awake from 4:00-5:30 AM (obviously on a work night, never on a weekend) for no reason at all. Fell asleep right as my alarm was going off. Eff me. I was hoping it wasn’t a pattern. And it wasn’t. I slept right through last night, which is a big deal even when I wasn’t pregnant. I feel like a whole different person when I get a good night’s sleep.
 
What I'm looking forward to?
Getting the nursery and the upstairs finished so that I can start getting everything together. Hearing the heartbeat again next week. Turning 28, the age I will meet my son. Christmas.  
Dude. Woah. I looked at Big A and he was like, "wow". So I said I thought it was SO MUCH bigger than yesterday and he said, "uh, yeah, that's because it probably is. It's huge!" Isn't he so sweet?
 
Linking up with Kristin over at Mama and Mou!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Rutabaga is a fun word. Also, you are effing cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I like that he moves when you are thinking you haven't felt him in a while :)
    I can' wait for the day when I can feel my baby moving around inside.

    I liked the workout part hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. People workout during pregnancy? lol, JK.

    The only thing I miss about being pregnant is the movement. It was so amazing. I still get phantom kicks once in a while, and they freak me out a little.

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good momma!!!!!! Wait till you get towards this end if you think those movements are crazy now, I saw a foot move across my stomach it was wild!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...