Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Bumpdate: 26 Weeks


December 10th – 16th, 2013
 
So what has been going on this week?
We had a big snowstorm over the weekend. FINALLY finished painting the nursery furniture. Although, now I thought of more furniture that we need in there and how it should be painted. Haha. It will never end.
 
How far along?
26 Weeks.
 
Maternity Clothes?
Yeah. I can still wear some no-maternity tank tops and sweaters, but for the most part, I’m in it to win it.
 
Stretch Marks?
Haven’t seen anymore. The ones that were there aren’t that bad. I’m hoping it stays that way.
 
Movement?
Dude is on the move. Seriously. Big A has felt him so much lately. It’s been really cool to finally share that with him.
 
Food cravings?
I need to kick the ice cream. I don’t even “need” it. It’s just there. I told Big A to enjoy it while it lasts because I won’t be eating ice cream anymore when the babe is here.
 
Nausea, vomiting, or sickness?
Not really. Just tired and run down lately, but that’s to be expected.
 
What I miss:
Wine. Italian subs. Sleeping on my stomach. Not being tired. A waist line. Being able to put my shoes on without a struggle. Getting up from the couch without grunting. Not feeling like a poltergeist is going to rip through my belly button.
 
Symptoms?
Rib pain. Feeling a little uncomfortable. I went to the doctor because I was having trouble breathing and I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I get it periodically, but it was really bad that day. The doctor did an ekg and blood work, but couldn’t find anything. She wants to send me to a consult with pulmonary just to make sure it’s just a wacky pregnancy symptom and I’m not dying. So that was fun.
 
Best moment this week?
Realizing that this was my last week in my 2nd trimester. I am ready to get this show on the road. Let’s gooooo!
 
Workouts:
Ugh. Eff me. I just. I can’t. The weather sucks. There’s 12,000 things to do around the house. The DVD player is in the garage. I’m the Queen of excuses. I’m trying. I am. I just, I suck. Ditto for this week.
 
Gender:
BOY!
 
Sleep?
It’s hit or miss. I slept like crap Sunday night. I slept awesome on Friday and Saturday. Last night was OK. I’m just getting uncomfortable. And my back, shoulders, and hips hurt from sleeping on the same spot. I’m looking forward to having my sleep mobility back!
 
What I'm looking forward to?
My birthday on the 20th, Christmas, the New Year (aka the year of the baby!). Spending time with family. And continuing to count down those days until baby boy is HERE!  Definitely NOT looking forward to my appointment on Friday where I get my glucose test and I'm sure another lovely opinion about my weight.
Fun Comments from People this week:
My mom realizing that the baby is the size of a head of lettuce, or an eggplant. And her saying that is "freaking huge" and it might as well be a Toyota. Then she said that these websites with the sizes would have freaked her out when she was pregnant. I said the websites aren't the problem, it's people like her that make statements like "it might as well be a Toyota". Thanks Mom!
Big A made some comment the other day about me being 7 months pregnant. I was a little surprised that he realized how far along I am (it won't really be 7 months until next week, but still... he's close). He said he pays more attention then I think. Then I told him last night that I thought I was going to burst. And he said it must be another growth spurt. That every 5-7 days I complain about things feeling big and tight and I'm uncomfortable, so that must be when he's growing. I thought it was so cute that he noticed.
The random guy at work who was asking me a question, noticed my mammoth sized stomach, and blurted out, "There's a baby in there?!". Umm... yes... yes there is... weird...
The pics are blurry this week. I'm not sure why. Although I am super excited that there's no dog hair on the floor this week!
 
Linking up with Kristin over at Mama and Mou!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I am always so confused about the whole 3rd trimester thing. Does it start at 27 weeks or 28 weeks?
    Umm...NOT Good about your heart racing! I do not like to think of my little pregger buddy going through those tests! :(
    Let me now how the glucose test goes for you! It's mandatory in our province that it gets done at 24 weeks (eek) and I have heard some awful stories about it!
    Take care of yourself lovey! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that is super sweet of the hubs to pick up on the little stuff. He's a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Big A is so cute! It's nice when they actually listen and notice things! And you look adorable! And Happy Birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you are already 26 weeks. You look great.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...