Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Bumpdate: 27 Weeks


December 17th – 23rd, 2013
 
Welcome to the 3rd Trimester Baby!
 
So what has been going on this week?
I had my birthday on the 20th, as well as my last monthly appointment and my glucose test. A weekend full of cookie baking and eating. And I FINALLY started (and almost finished) my Christmas shopping.
 
How far along?
27 Weeks.
 
Maternity Clothes?
Yeah. I can still wear some no-maternity tank tops and sweaters, but for the most part, I’m in it to win it.
 
Stretch Marks?
I’ve been slathering on Body Butter whenever I take a shower and things seem to be under control… for now…
 
Movement?
Dude is bumping. As usual. I found this Iphone app that lets you listen to the heartbeat. It isn’t perfect, but you can definitely tell but it requires me to press the phone down on my stomach and he always kicks it away. Cracks me up!
 
Food cravings?
I’ve been wanting cold veggies and fruit. I asked my parents to bring over some veggies and dip as an appetizer on my birthday and it was delicious. I’ve been eating the leftovers for days. I need to hit the grocery store and stock up. I’m sure this will be better than ice cream and such.
 
Nausea, vomiting, or sickness?
No. I honestly have to say, and I make sure to tell people this when I’m complaining about how much I don’t like being pregnant. I really don’t have anything to complain about. I was never sick. I’ve had a wonderful healthy pregnancy. It’s just not for me. But thank GOD no. No sickness.
 
What I miss:
Wine. Italian subs. Sleeping on my stomach. Not being tired. A waist line. Being able to put my shoes on without a struggle. Getting up from the couch without grunting. Not feeling like a poltergeist is going to rip through my belly button. Being able to do more than one thing in a day (I had family cookie baking and a girl’s dinner for my birthday in the same day and I almost didn’t make it)
 
Symptoms?
Just sore, tired, and dare I say it…emotional. To be fair, I’m a hot mess when I’m overtired anyway, so this isn’t anything new. But after two days of non-stop, I crawled into bed on Saturday and promptly burst into tears claiming that I was too tired to go to sleep. Big A keeps telling me that I’ll get my second wind and I told him that pregnant people don’t get second winds. They start the day at like…half wind. And that’s all you get.
 
Best moment this week?
Listening to the heartbeat is still one of the coolest things I’ve ever experienced. It sounds so different every time since he has grown so much between appointments. Even Big A noticed. We had the carpet people come and measure the upstairs, so things are moving along. The bedrooms should be done on the 27th. The bathroom is another story, but at least I can start on the nursery! Also, finishing up my monthly appointments. I feel like we are in the home stretch.
 
Workouts:
Ugh. Eff me. I just. I can’t. The weather sucks. There’s 12,000 things to do around the house. The DVD player is in the garage. I’m the Queen of excuses. I’m trying. I am. I just, I suck.
 
Gender:
BOY!
 
Sleep?
It’s hit or miss. Sometimes I’m great. Sometimes I have to pee. Sometimes I’m uncomfortable. Sometimes someone else is snoring. And Baby P’s new trick is to wake me up kicking and moving. While I can’t say that I handle this no sleep thing well, I CAN say that I’m prepared for the lack of sleep in my future. As long as I can sleep on my stomach for the 5 minutes I CAN sleep, it HAS to be better than this!
 
What I'm looking forward to?

Spending Christmas with family. While I’m not a huge fan of the family picture in my mammoth sized greatness, I’m still loving seeing everyone. It will be a productive week home getting things put together (I love saving my vacation time for this time of year!) and then we are into the New Year. As of January 1st, we have 76 days until my due date. Which might as well be tomorrow. Oh man… we’re having a BABY!  

 
 
A little 2nd Trimester (kinda) Collage:
Woah, watch me grow!
 
Linking up with Kristin over at Mama and Mou!

 

1 comment:

  1. You are getting so close! You are right! It will be here before you know it. And I love the collage. You can see when you really started to get the bump. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...