Wednesday, December 18, 2013

So What! Wednesday

Linking up with Shannon for So What! Wednesday!
 
This week I am saying So What! if...
 
* I think this whole snow thing isn't so bad. Big A makes money. I get to leave work early or just hang out in my warm house under my blanket. And I don't have to do anything outside in the cold if I don't want to. (Don't worry, I'll hate it again next year when I have to shovel again)
 
* I'm loving that Saved by the Bell has been on TV lately. I've been recording them and watching them when I get home from work.
 
* I'm totally digging this whole working from home thing. We have the carpet people coming to measure and quote us on how much it will be to carpet upstairs, so I'm working from home this morning so I don't have to use any time off. I'm loving this whole working in my pjs, under a blanket, in front of the TV. It's going to be so much better when there's a baby to squish too! (Much harder to work, but who cares, he'll be worth it)
 
* I haven't done ANY Christmas shopping. None. And while my Christmas cards are all written and addressed, I have not sent them. I'm not a Scrooge, my house is all decorated, I'm just lazy.
 
* I'm dreading my appointment on Friday. I don't want to do the glucose test and I DEFINITELY don't want to see how much weight I've gained. Do you think I could go to the appointment naked? That's how I weigh myself at home and it always works out so much better than at the doctor's!
 
* I know that I'm supposed to be all "the miracle of life"  and this is "magical", but all I am doing is counting down the days until he is a) here and b) I can start getting my body back in shape.
 
* I hate the episodes of Saved by the Bell with Tori in them. She's just a cheap excuse for Kelly. And yes, there are two Saved by the Bells points in today's SWW!
 
* I'm annoyed that I got a call from my boss at 7:30 this morning telling me that he asked me to explain something to the admin at the building he is at today and he thinks I didn't. Or at least wasn't clear enough. I'm not sure how much more clear I could have been than "We are giving them all shirts. They are divided in bags by supervisor. Each bag has a list of names and shirt  sizes. Please make sure the supervisors get their bags and hand them out." I mean... it's not rocket science.
 
* I'm bummed that I completely forgot that I was going to go look for a Christmas outfit last weekend. Now, I don't know when I'm going to have time and I don't want to wear anything I own. Boooooo.
 
* I can't believe that Christmas is in a week. Like...7 days...this year has FLOWN by. Here's hoping the first three months of 2014 fly too! (And then slows down so that my baby will be a baby forever)
 
* I was super excited to learn that you are actually supposed to be keeping an eye on your registry to make sure there are no problems. Of course, that applies to making sure that gifts you have received were taken off the registry rather than just straight out stalking it... whoops...
 
That's all for today. I'm off to get some actual work done so people think I'm productive. And decide if it is inappropriate to be wearing yoga pants when the carpet people come or if I should put on real people pants!

4 comments:

  1. Completely agree with you about Tori instead of Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh working from home...you are my true love. Also, fuck Tori. But now I also want to watch Showgirls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SLIGHTLY (read: very much) jealous that you are working from home! I can't wait for that next year with baby!
    And also SLIGHTLY jealous that you can "record" shows! Bah! I am still living in the stone age without a PVR! BLAH!
    Hopefully you like the quote from the carpet people! That will be exciting to have done!
    I really need to get on the whole baby registry thing! I just feel like I have zero time to do it before Christmas!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doctor's scales are so awful! My home scale always says I'm at least 5lbs lighter and I'm sticking with that!! I don't remember the glucose test being so bad. I ate a good breakfast before hand (my doctor said it was ok, not sure all doctors want that) and my drink was lemon lime. I didn't feel anything and I was sooo sick my entire pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...