Thursday, January 2, 2014

Bumpdate: 28 Weeks


December 24th – 30th, 2013
 
So what has been going on this week?
A lot! Haha. It was Christmas Eve, then Christmas, then Christmas with Big A’s side of the family on Saturday so we have been BUSY. We also got the carpet installed on the stairs and upstairs, so everything is coming along. J
 
How far along?
28 Weeks.
 
Maternity Clothes?
Yeah. I can still wear some no-maternity tank tops and sweaters, but for the most part, I’m in it to win it.
 
Stretch Marks?
I’ve been slathering on Body Butter whenever I take a shower and things seem to be under control… for now…
 
Movement?
Continuously on the move. He gets a little shy when Big A is trying to feel, but there’s no doubt about it that this kid is going to be a handful. Haha.
 
Food cravings?
I still want veggies and fruits, but still haven’t made it to the grocery store. I know. I stink. I’m hopefully going this weekend to stock up. My New Year’s Resolution is to eat healthier!
 
Nausea, vomiting, or sickness?
No. I honestly have to say, and I make sure to tell people this when I’m complaining about how much I don’t like being pregnant. I really don’t have anything to complain about. I was never sick. I’ve had a wonderful healthy pregnancy. It’s just not for me. But thank GOD no. No sickness.
 
What I miss:
Wine. Italian subs. Sleeping on my stomach. Not being tired. A waist line. Being able to put my shoes on without a struggle. Getting up from the couch without grunting. Not feeling like a poltergeist is going to rip through my belly button. Being able to do more than one thing in a day (I had family cookie baking and a girl’s dinner for my birthday in the same day and I almost didn’t make it)
 
Symptoms?
Doing alright. It depends on the day. Some days I’m super sore. Some days I’m fine.
 
Best moment this week?
Getting a Christmas Tree ornament with his name on it and promptly bursting into tears. There’s something about getting presents that are addressed to your baby that make it all the more real!
 
Workouts:
Blah blah blah.
 
Gender:
BOY!
 
Sleep?
Still hit or miss. Sometimes when I am lying awake all night I think that this pregnancy will never end and the next 12 weeks will just be one long day because I’ll never sleep again. Luckily, Big A said that he is about 98% sure that this dude has to come out at some point!
 
What I'm looking forward to?
Getting the nursery and the upstairs finished so we can move up there. My baby shower in a few weeks. Fast forwarding to March so we can get this show on the road!
I turned sideways for the picture and Big A said, "woah"... yeah... not helpful.
 
Linking up (late) with Kristin over at Mama and Mou!
 
 

1 comment:

Little Somethings...