Friday, January 3, 2014

Playing Catch-up

Hello There,
 
I know... two posts in two days... I'm pretty much on a blogging roll.
 
To be fair, I was off from noon on Christmas Eve until yesterday, so I pretty much went MIA on life. It was fabulous.
 
Things have been pretty busy around these parts.
 
Winter finally showed up. Which is super exciting for a largely pregnant woman who manages to trip over air. But, luckily, I've been inside for most of the bad weather and holding down the couch with the dog.
 
Our backyard. There's a pool somewhere under there.

Mr. Fresh digs the snow.
 
We celebrated my Nanny's birthday towards the beginning of December. I bought myself a new camera on Black Friday and had to try it out.
 
I don't know why I waited until I was at my largest to get into photography (and decided to sit next to my brother's super skinny girlfriend) but I will have plenty of ammo for when Baby P is a surly teenager and I can show him what I went through to make him exist.

I wish Mr. Fresh was in this picture, but him and the big dog don't get along. Bummer.
 
I had a fabulous birthday filled with so much love and I was spoiled rotten. I think there are pictures, but apparently I couldn't be bothered to post any here, so let's just say it was wonderful! Haha.
 
We had our second annual Christmas cookie baking extravaganza this year. It was a little less exciting than last year, due to the lack of mimosas (on my part) but it was MORE exciting because we had my cousin and her baby girl with us and my cousin's girlfriend who weren't with us last year.
 
It was so much fun. I'm so glad that we get this time to spend together. We were still missing one more cousin, but I have threatened her and she WILL be there next year.
 

Everyone. Including my cousin G who was quite helpful, although mostly just with supplying drinks. It's OK, he's still one of the girls!
 
I took my only chance to dress down a bit for Christmas and rocked my "Stashing through the snow" t-shirt. It was comfy, cute, and I thought it made me look a little less large. And it was non-maternity which just makes me so happy when I can still wear something non-maternity.

 
Christmas was fabulous. It was thoroughly exhausting, but I had such an amazing time. I looked at Big A sitting next to me at Christmas dinner, laughing and having such a great time with my family, his family now too, and I just thought of how lucky I was to have him and that he gets along with everyone so well. He has taken them as his own, and they did the same with him. It was just a great moment.
 
Although, I wouldn't be a crazy pregnant lady if I didn't admit to my emotional moments of the day. The first one was when I opened a present for Baby P from my parents. My mom told me that her mom always used to buy us grandkids something to wear, something to read, and something to play with. So, she continued on the tradition. I was a bit teary, but no one noticed so I got my shit together and kept going.
 
Until, I opened up an ornament from my brother's girlfriend with Baby P's name on it and promptly burst into crazy, ugly tears. It was so sweet and just made everything seem so real. I mean, opening presents with his NAME on it means it is REAL. Haha.

 
I then forced Big A to take a picture with me, but it was at the end of the day so we were both a bit haggard looking. Haha.

The Border Collie never cooperates. He prefers pictures alone. Haha.

A little better.

And we're all done. Haha
 
After Christmas was a blur. We celebrated Christmas with Big A's family the Saturday after and it was so much fun. It was the first time in awhile that everyone was together and man did it show. He has a HUGE family. And most of them are married with kids. It was so much fun though.
 
Then we quickly moved on to New Years. Time flies when you're having fun.
 
1. A fabulous gift from Britt for Baby P. He's going to be such a dapper little dude! 2. This guy was super cuddly while I was off work. I was sitting on the floor so that meant he needed to be in my lap. 3. A Border Collie guarding our New Year's feast. 4. Delish. 5. He had to be touching me at all time. 6. New Year's Toast. It wasn't very good. I ended up giving mine to Big A. 7. Happy New Year! You can now rest things on your ginormous belly. 8. We broke the rules and had coffee and cinnamon rolls in bed on New Years Day. It was cold out so we made sure Mr. Fresh was nice and cozy.
 
Big A and I talked about how our lives are going to change so much in 2014. More than we could ever imagine. We've had some great years. We got together, moved in together, had so many memories, got engaged, planned our wedding, got married, bought a house, enjoyed our time as newlyweds, and now... we are on the journey to be PARENTS.
 
It's pretty crazy to think of us as Mom and Dad, but I think we are definitely ready for the challenge!
 
I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for us.
 
Oh yeah... and this happened...
 
 
I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas and a very happy and healthy New Year.
 
I'm all tucked inside from the big storm today and then it's back to the weekend. Next week is definitely going to blow since I really haven't been at work in almost two weeks. And yesterday kicked my ass.  So I'm going to enjoy every second of this weekend.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Christmas. How sweet to get gifts for the little man. He'll be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crib!!! You did a great job of picking it out. But then again, you always pick out great things. And glad to hear that you guys had a good time over the Holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...