Wednesday, January 8, 2014

So What! Wednesday

 
Linking up with Shannon for So What! Wednesday!
 
This week I am saying So What! if...
 
* I've spent the better part of the last 3 days looking for curtains for the nursery. I need to find the perfect ones and the task is proving to be more difficult than once thought. I just ordered a second pair and I am hoping these are the ones.
 
* The fact that almost no one understands that I need to get this room done ASAP is annoying. I don't want to be doing this a month from now. I want to be sitting on my fat ass, on the couch, blissfully living in the ignorance that I have my shit together. So, people, either help or get out of the way.
 
* I figured out that the reason I have been so broke is because I have been paying for everything out of my account. Which sucks because I'm broke, but if it is my money instead of "our" money, I don't feel like I need to discuss a purchase before I make it. Hehe.
 
* I asked Big A when he wanted to go out to dinner to celebrate my birthday (we like to wait for the holidays to calm down) and he told me that we already had that conversation. I tried to explain to him that my brain cells were rapidly declining and he told me that was the way things always were. Ouch. AND he still never answered my question. So now I STILL don't know!
 
* I've been avoiding certain tasks at work because I just really don't want to do them. And someone came up to me the other day and was like, "we really need to get this done". But then this annoying woman at work always gets to decide that something "isn't in her job description" (umm... you're an admin, EVERYTHING is in your job description) and "doesn't want to be responsible". I mean... when can I do that? Because I do a whole bunch of shit that I don't want to do.
 
* I want to punch the next person who talks about how cold it is. I mean, it's one thing to mention it while you are in it. For example, if Big A or I go outside for something we come in and say "brr" or something to the effect. Then it is done. At work? Everyone and their mother wants to talk to you about hold cold it is outside like they just uncovered some secret that they have to share. Umm.. yeah... I know... I went out in it too! I didn't teleport here. Ugh. Sometimes I hate working in an office.
 
* I've been cranky the past couple days. Honestly, I'm borderline comatose at like 7:00 PM. But, of course I never go to bed then. So by 10:00, watch out. I figure I was pretty OK for the past 30 weeks, what's a little crankiness now? Plus, I'm usually able to warn people that I am and I have been putting myself to bed. Except some people choose not to take the warning and continue trying to be funny. At that point I can't save you. Sorry!
 
* I'm wishing for more snow! Snow = money and that's always a good thing. SO! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snooooooow!
 
* I'm walking around the office in my socks. The temperature is about 3,000 degrees in here, AGAIN, and my boots are just WAY to hot to wear. So I took them off. I think I might go buy myself some office slippers. Is that unprofessional? I would wear them to meetings. Haha.
 
* I am SO over the "how are you feeling" question. Not by everyone, but by random people that I wouldn't really discuss minor details of my life with, let alone details of my body and my pregnancy. I get it at work ALL THE TIME, and it drives me bananas. Plus, like I've said before, no one wants to hear the truth about it. They just want to hear "good" and they walk away. Most people ask it on their way by and don't even wait for an answer. So why bother?
 
That's it for today. This just took me, like, six hours to write, so I probably should just be done!
 
Happy Wednesday people! We've made it through half the week! Woo hoo!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I had the same problem with curtains. I finally found a shower curtain that would be perfect from Target, chopped off the bottom, hemmed it and had my dream curtains. Good look on the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great that you are trying to get the nursery done now. Why not get it done now and not have to stress about it later. I like the way you think, haha!

    And I hope you guys get lots of snow. But when you are done with it, send it back my way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually had to replace the curtains we originally bought for Hunters nursery for black out curtains because the cute ones that I bought really didn't keep the room very dark so he was waking up really early on the weekends in the summer. So we got light blue black out curtains which work well but I don't like them as much as the original ones I had.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...