Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bumpdate: 34 Weeks

February 4th – 10th, 2014

So what has been going on this week?
Busy, busy. We had a doctor’s appointment, made some serious progress on the baby’s room, bought the rest of the stuff we “need”, did some

How far along?
34 Weeks.

Maternity Clothes?
I’m so over maternity clothes. I want real clothes back.

Stretch Marks?
I think I’m losing this battle. More seem to be coming. I’m trying my hardest to keep them at bay. The one’s on my side aren’t too bad, but the one’s on my stomach are pretty diesel. Hopefully, they fade after the bambino is here. Wah!

Movement?
Same as last week. Lots of wiggles. So low. It feels like he’s rubbing on my hip bone sometimes. SUPER uncomfortable.

Food cravings?
Cereal. I’ve decided that I <3 cereal.="" o:p="">

Nausea, vomiting, or sickness?
Nope. Doing good. (*knock on wood*)

What I miss:
Feeling like a normal person. I just want my body back. I want my clothes back. I want to be able to sleep on my stomach, or put my shoes on with ease, or get off the couch without it being an Olympic event, or breathe normal. Eat what I want. Drink what I want. I’m even going to throw in working out here. I know. I know. Crazy. I’m just SO ready to have my body back and I have no control over it right now. I’m already planning healthy meals, lots of walks, Couch to 5K, and pinning every single workout on Pinterest that will make me look like I have a bangin’ body.

Symptoms?
Round ligament pains. Breathing issues. Dude feels LOW so I constantly feel like someone is slicing my lady parts or they are going to crack in half. Heartburn is back with a vengeance. Back pain. No tears this week. Hooray! However, I’ve been feeling some major pain in my stomach, I’m assuming it’s from the stretching since it isn’t alarming. Oh, and constantly feeling like I have to pee my pants every time I’m vertical. Ahhh the miracle of life.

Best moment this week?
Finishing getting everything that we need. I have a few things coming in the mail, but they aren’t necessities. We have the car seat now and that makes me feel 3,000 times better.

Workouts:
Ha. My work out is standing up, bending over to get something, putting on my shoes, getting out of bed, existing, etc. I have to be burning some serious calories moving my giant self around. Now… if only the scale would show it…

Gender:
BOY!

Sleep?
I plead the 5th.

What I'm looking forward to?
Finishing up the nursery. Should be done this week. I just need a couple more baskets, but everything else just needs to be organized. The 2nd floor should be done today and minor touch-ups tomorrow. Hallelujah. We should be moving up there soon. I can’t wait to show all of the pictures, there’s so much to share!
Funny moment this week: (Mom, don’t read) Big A was talking about how he was looking through the camera one day and was going through all of the weekly pictures we take and how fun it was to watch me grow. I showed him my very first picture that I took at 12 weeks and watched his jaw drop. He says, “That’s what you used to look like? Do I get her back?” Haha. I told him he could have her back after some work and fool proof birth control was in place. He then made some joke about having kids 14 months apart and I told him he was never touching me again.
He’s never once made me feel like I’m disgusting or fat, even when he makes comments about me being “large and in charge” or says something about my “big belly” it’s never in a mean way. He always tells me how beautiful I am, even in my large state. But, it was just funny because he legitimately forgot what I used to look like. Which is probably a good thing, since I probably won’t ever look like that again!

A little better this week. We took it at a normal time when I was not just asleep on the couch or bursting into tears!

This guy. This guy has been my shadow. He wants nothing else that to just be near me. I'm enjoying every second of when the only baby I have is a furry one. This guy and I have been together since I was 15. I'm kind of heartbroken over how his world is going to change, but I'm hoping that he's gaining a buddy and not competition.

Linking up with Kristin over at Mama and Mou!



4 comments:

  1. Loved your Fresh cuddle pics last night...so cute. It cracks me up that he couldn't remember what you looked like! Also, I see your stretch marks and raise you two varicose veins I found last night on my non-preggo legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally shot water out of my nose when I read :"Ahhh the miracle of life" ha ha! So true!

    It will be SO good that you will be back to your normal self and wearing non-maternity clothes too!

    Hopefully baby turns into head down position for you soon! I wish I had a better clue at to which way Baby W was but I can't tell at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the Vitamin E not helping with stretch marks.? I have heard amazing things about it.

    I think my eyes got twice as big when I was reading your "What I Miss" I still feel some what normal now so reading all that just makes me think I still have a LONG way to go. Oh man so much to look forward to.

    You are a pretty determined person when it comes to weight and working out I'm thinking you will be back to your pre pregnancy body in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Fresh is going to love that baby boy. They will be best friends. I am sure of it. And I can't wait to see all of the pics of the upstairs finished. Especially the nursery!! Eeek!!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...