Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a busy one. But then again... aren't they all?

It started off on Friday with a fabulous date night with Big A. He had to plow on Wednesday, so we rescheduled our weekly date to Friday. We went out for a lovely dinner and talked about Little Dude. Which is pretty much what we talk about 90% of the times these days. He's definitely on our minds.

Saturday, I berated my mother into coming shopping with me. Not that it was hard to convince her, but she had her work cut out for her.

We went to Babies R Us and Target and got the remaining items that we needed from the baby registry. I still had to order a couple things online, but I can say confidently that if he came today then we would be ready.

Hear that Little Man? Come out, come out, wherever you are!

We filled the back of my Tahoe up. There was so much stuff!

I dealt with some fabulous people at Babies R Us and practically stole what I bought. I bought over $800 worth of stuff, saved $280 with coupons, used most of our gift cards (saving about $100 on them for future use) and only paid about $160. Which I could have pretty much just paid with gift cards, but I opened the credit cards to get the points and I had to charge something on it to use a coupon.

The women there were absolutely amazing and I am so glad that I went there. They were so helpful with all the shit I needed to do. I had returns, applied for the credit card, had to order things online, and then of course my 8,000 things that I needed to have rung up. I was quite the process and they were so nice about it.

I had to send my cousin pictures of her ridiculously cute baby from Christmas and this guy pictures of the Nova Big A sold him, so I was actually on my laptop for once. (Which is a joke that it's "my" laptop. Big A is the only one who uses it, I just paid for it) I started going through old pictures and found this gem of N, J, and I from Halloween in 2012.

Newly married and skinny. Oh how I miss those days!

Bitch 1 & Bitch 2. Everyone was wondering where our costumes were. Hilarious!

Speaking of things I shouldn't be eating (as I'm about to head out the door to stuff my face full of McDonalds...in my defense I'm on 0 sleep, everything hurts, and I want some damn chicken nuggets) these will be the death of me.

Crack in candy form.

My only saving grace is that I can't find them in big bags. Only the little ones. Which I have decided that are over-priced at $1 each. So I only buy a couple at a time. As soon as Valentine's Day is over, I imagine Easter stuff will be out in full force and then I will be 400 lbs. Sorry doc.

Saturday night was spent watching Don Jon (terrible movie) with N and giggling like school girls. The boys went snowmobiling and since I'm no fun anymore, we decided to just have a girls' night. It was fun. I lasted pretty late which is super impressive these days. It had been awhile since we have just hung out alone, so it was great to catch up.

Sunday was fairly lazy. Big A and I slept in and went out for a mediocre brunch. Our usual place is "closed for renovations" so we went somewhere else and it sucked. Even the water tasted funny. I was disappointed.

Then we braved the shit show that is Walmart only to find out that they had NOTHING that I wanted. Awesome.

Big A then did some random stuff out in the garage and I painted some things for the baby's room. I'm re purposing a lamp which needed to be a little whiter (rather than cream with yellow stripes, yuck) and I finally stenciled the book case. I just need to fix some mistakes and then it is all set. Thankfully. I just need a couple baskets for the shelves in the closet and the room should be *gasp* done! Woah.

Dinner at the 'rents Sunday night and then another wonderful night of no sleep.

I have no idea what it is about Sundays, but I sleep like shit. I just keep waking up. Sundays are tough for sleep, Mondays and Tuesdays are usually tough body days. I think Dude does some stretching or growing on those days which is why I have so much trouble. I think his days on the inside are numbered. I would like to hand him his eviction notice soon.

And that's my exciting weekend. I'm sure you all were on the edge of your seats reading that! Haha.

Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend and that they survive this week. I need it to be Friday already. That's how my Monday is going!

6 comments:

  1. Wowww nice work at BRU!!! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg you were productive! Makes me feel guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit. I can't believe you got $800 worth of stuff for $160. BABIES AIN'T CHEAP YO. I'm glad you got in some girl time...totally necessary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow how did you save so much at BRU? I don't usually shop there because it always seemed so much pricier than Target or Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a productive weekend! That's awesome how much money you were able to save at BRU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you had a productive weekend. And even more glad to hear that you had some great people helping you get the rest of your stuff.

    And you and Britt and those Cadburry eggs, haha! They must be like crack, which means I shouldn't go buy any, haha!

    Sorry about the no sleep thing though. Hope you get some sleep this week and that your week flies by!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...