Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bumpdate: 37 Weeks


February 25th – March 4th, 2014
 
So what has been going on this week?
Just finishing up the little things on our to do list. One little thing at a time. We have this wonderful habit of going to do something and then needing a tool we don't have, batteries we don't have, etc. etc. So it takes some time, but we are getting there. We also got to visit with my fabulous cousin who was visiting from Louisiana with her adorable baby. We tried to have the babies talk to get Baby P to come out, but it didn't work.
 
How far along?
37 Weeks.

Maternity Clothes?
I’m so over maternity clothes. I want real clothes back.
 
Stretch Marks?
I feel like I should just have a giant frowny face here. Someone tell me they fade! My super sweet doctor decided to comment on them last week, like I didn't notice that my once smooth stomach was now covered in marks. Thanks Doc!

Movement?
Still pretty regular, but definitely less crazy. He’s running out of room in there. I keep telling him that he can come out at any time, that there’s TONS more room out here, but… nothing. Same.

Food cravings?
Someone needs to find me a watermelon Slush Puppie. Like... immediately. It's out of control. Also, fruit & yogurt like it's my job.

Nausea, vomiting, or sickness?
Nope. Doing good. (*knock on wood*) Nothing new here.

What I miss:
Feeling like a normal person. I just want my body back. I want my clothes back. I want to be able to sleep on my stomach, or put my shoes on with ease, or get off the couch without it being an Olympic event, or breathe normal. Eat what I want. Drink what I want. I’m even going to throw in working out here. I know. I know. Crazy. I’m just SO ready to have my body back and I have no control over it right now. I’m already planning healthy meals, lots of walks, Couch to 5K, and pinning every single workout on Pinterest that will make me look like I have a bangin’ body. Nothing new here.
 
Symptoms?
Pretty much the same. Round ligament pain; major heartburn; breathing is a bit better since he’s dropped, but not perfect; I get super tired by like 8:00; started having some contractions (I think… someone remind me to shut my mouth the next time I talk about feeling like I’m missing out on something…). Currently I feel like I have a bowling ball resting on my pelvic bone, which makes every single movement, especially walking or rolling over in bed, extremely painful. FUN! Let's add in this wonderful thing where he must be hitting some sort of nerve because all of a sudden I feel this pinching on the inside of my thighs and I almost fall over. Thanks kid.

Best moment this week?
Seeing my cousin, her baby, and my aunts. Big A was sick all week, which sucked, but it meant he was home on the couch all week so it was nice to spend so much time together. We also finally hung the nursery art. I just need to touch up the paint on the furniture and then I can do a nursery reveal... finally!

Workouts:
Getting off the couch is a workout. So is getting out of bed without waking Big A, tearing my crotch bones apart (that's literally what it feels like), or stepping on the dog, 12,000 times a night, in the dark, when I have to pee.

Gender:
BOY!

Sleep?
Blech. Oh em gee. I had the worst night sleep on Saturday. I had been having contractions on and off, my back was killing me, I thought "this was it" and then... nothing. It's uncomfortable and I wake up a bunch of times to switch positions or pee, or both.

What I'm looking forward to?
Our ultrasound and appointment on Wednesday. Big A and I are so incredibly excited to see our little guy one last time before he's here in person. I am hoping, praying, etc. etc. that I've made some progress in the last week. And that maybe, just maybe we are closer than we think to meeting our guy?! Maybe?!
 
Dude seems LOW. Granted it isn't as painful as it was, but there's some definite pressure. I feel like I can see my waist line again and it looks like my stomach did before I got pregnant except for this big bump in the middle. The sides are more defined now. It's bizarre.

Linking up with Kristin over at Mama and Mou!
 

 

4 comments:

  1. You are definitely lower! WOOT WOOO almost time! Also, your cute fruit winter melon looks like he just saw a pair of nice titties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sure when when your little man is ready. he'll come out. if he's cold there i'm sure he knows its warmer inside where he's out than outside :p

    http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/blog-hop-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! You are definitely lower!! Little man is getting ready it sounds like! Aaagghh! I can't wait! I am so excited for you guys! I wish there was like a dance or something that I could do to make him come out. Ya know, like you do when you want it to rain or snow, haha! That would be hilarious and probably ridiculous at the same time. I hope your Ultrasound goes amazing and they have some awesome news for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FULL TERM DUDE!! YOU ARE ALMOST THERE! Now just try to kick back and take it easy because your little boy will be here soon!! I would like to announce that I am officially starting to stalk you! When you didn't post this yesterday I was sure you had gone into labor! ha ha! xo

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...