Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bumpdate: 38 Weeks


March 4th – 10th, 2014
 
So what has been going on this week?
We had an ultrasound at our 38 week appointment to see how big Little Dude is. It was awesome to see him again. And how much he had grown. We were pretty much able to see all of him at one time when we saw him for the anatomy scan at 19 weeks, but this time you could only see parts at a time. I was also relieved to find out that he is definitely still a he. Haha. I’ve heard stories of “surprises” and it is always nice to be sure.
 
How far along?
38 Weeks.
 
Maternity Clothes?
I’m so over maternity clothes. I want real clothes back. <- span="" still="" this="">
 
Stretch Marks?
I feel like they don’t look so bad this week. I mean, they definitely aren’t pretty, but they aren’t as dark as they started. And I’m hoping they are a little less noticeable when there isn’t a small human being stretching them even more.
Movement?
Still moving and shaking, but definitely not as much as he was. Sometimes he has lazy baby days, but a little poking or some sugar gets him moving. Haha.
Food cravings?
I need a Watermelon Slush Puppie. If anyone knows where to get one in Massachusetts, I will forever be in your debt. This is serious people.
Nausea, vomiting, or sickness?
Nope. Doing good. (*knock on wood*) Nothing new here.
 
What I miss?
Feeling like a normal person. I just want my body back. I want my clothes back. I want to be able to sleep on my stomach, or put my shoes on with ease, or get off the couch without it being an Olympic event, or breathe normal. Eat what I want. Drink what I want. I’m even going to throw in working out here. I know. I know. Crazy. I’m just SO ready to have my body back and I have no control over it right now. I’m already planning healthy meals, lots of walks, Couch to 5K, and pinning every single workout on Pinterest that will make me look like I have a bangin’ body. Nothing new here.
Symptoms?
Pretty much the same. Round ligament pain; major heartburn; breathing is a bit better since he’s dropped, but not perfect; I get super tired by like 8:00; started having some contractions (I think… someone remind me to shut my mouth the next time I talk about feeling like I’m missing out on something…). Currently I feel like I have a bowling ball resting on my pelvic bone, which makes every single movement, especially walking or rolling over in bed, extremely painful. FUN! I’ve had some pain and discomfort in my wrists and fingers lately too. My joints in my hands are very sore.
 
Best moment this week?
Getting to see dude again. Although, I’ve come to the conclusion that he’s going to look absolutely nothing like me. I did a comparison picture from Big A when he was little to an ultrasound pic and well… take a look for yourself.
 
I've decided that they are twins. We will have to see when he comes out!
Workouts:
Ha.
Gender:
BOY!
Sleep?
Blech.
What I'm looking forward to?
Him being on the “outside”. According to his measurements, they predicted that he was already 7 lbs, 4 oz. last week. My doctor thinks that he is still a bit bigger than that, but that it is a good rough estimate. So, he’s definitely big enough to come out. She said she wouldn’t let me go past the 25th though, so at least there’s an end in sight. Looking forward to my 39 week appointment so we can definitely schedule the induction “just in case”. I want to get this on the books so there’s no more waiting!  
I thought I looked half good in this picture until I saw it. Daylight Savings is kicking my pregnant ass.
 
We have been organizing a bunch of stuff since we moved our bedroom upstairs and I found the envelope with all of our ultrasound pictures. It's crazy how something could start so small and then grow to be a tiny human. I had a little bit of a proud Mama moment for doing such a good job growing him.
 
I'm curious to see how many more of these updates there are. I guess only time will tell.
 
Linking up with Kristin over at Mama and Mou!
 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. I hope this is your last bumpdate. I am sure you do too! I mean you are the one carrying him! I can't believe he is almost here. I feel like it was just yesterday that I found out you were having him. Time sure does fly. I am so freaking excited for you guys! Eeekkk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoping next post i see a baby pic :D so it's a boy or you're not sure? Twins? are you sure? my cousin has twins who just turned one and a 3 yr. all boys and now has baby 4 on the way and that was a mishap.
    http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/blog-hop-2014.html

    http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/testing.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you look great. Seriously. I hope I look as good as you when I have a pumpkin sized baby in my ute. Fingers crossed on some progress this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look awesome! I hope you have a easy delivery and fast recovery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so close to the end. He will be here soon!!! So exciting!! I hope for your sake he comes soon but until then praying you are comfortable and can get some sleep. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so close. Those last few weeks were tough but he will be here before you know it. I love my little guy but really miss my bump too

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...