Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Bumpdate: 39 Weeks


First things first...
 
I do these updates about a week behind so that I can reflect on what has happened and not what I think is going to happen. I really wanted to make sure that I remembered every single part of this journey. Well... today... this happened:
 
I definitely didn't think we would make it this far...
 
Anyway... moving on...

 
March 11th – 17th, 2014
 
So what has been going on this week?
It’s been a slow week. I finished the last couple things on my to do list and I’ve just been actively avoiding cleaning the house. That’s about it.
 
How far along?
39 Weeks.
 
Maternity Clothes?
I’m so over maternity clothes. I want real clothes back. <- span="" still="" this="">
 
Stretch Marks?
I feel like they don’t look so bad this week. I mean, they definitely aren’t pretty, but they aren’t as dark as they started. And I’m hoping they are a little less noticeable when there isn’t a small human being stretching them even more.
 
Movement?
Still moving and shaking, but definitely not as much as he was. Sometimes he has lazy baby days, but a little poking or some sugar gets him moving. Haha.
Food cravings?
I need a Watermelon Slush Puppie. If anyone knows where to get one in Massachusetts, I will forever be in your debt. This is serious people. Update: I found a Slush Puppie machine, but it broke THAT morning. I WILL be going back to get one.
Nausea, vomiting, or sickness?
Nope. Doing good. (*knock on wood*) Nothing new here.
What I miss:
Feeling like a normal person. I just want my body back. I want my clothes back. I want to be able to sleep on my stomach, or put my shoes on with ease, or get off the couch without it being an Olympic event, or breathe normal. Eat what I want. Drink what I want. I’m even going to throw in working out here. I know. I know. Crazy. I’m just SO ready to have my body back and I have no control over it right now. I’m already planning healthy meals, lots of walks, Couch to 5K, and pinning every single workout on Pinterest that will make me look like I have a bangin’ body. Nothing new here.
Symptoms?
Pretty much the same. Round ligament pain; major heartburn; breathing is a bit better since he’s dropped, but not perfect; I get super tired by like 8:00; started having some contractions (I think… someone remind me to shut my mouth the next time I talk about feeling like I’m missing out on something…). Currently I feel like I have a bowling ball resting on my pelvic bone, which makes every single movement, especially walking or rolling over in bed, extremely painful. FUN! I’ve had some pain and discomfort in my wrists and fingers lately too. My joints in my hands are very sore.
Best moment this week?
Having a little “emotional flush”. Apparently some things were weighing heavy on my heart and it felt good to get everything off my chest. I feel a lot lighter now. It’s funny, a lot of people are noticing the difference. I guess I was just hanging on to some things.
Workouts:
Ha.
Gender:
BOY!
Sleep?
Blech.
 
What I'm looking forward to?
The arrival of Baby P. Our induction is scheduled for the 25th, so he will be here in 7 days or less. I’m not rushing him. I know that time will go by WAY to fast once he’s born. And some day I will look at my boy, graduating for college, and remember the days where I was counting down until his birth like it was yesterday. I’m just enjoying my last few days of it just being Big A and I, but I am SO looking forward to being this Little Dude’s Mom.   
I can't believe that this is one of the last pictures I'll take. Only one or two more. I think Mr. Fresh will miss the photo ops!
 
Friday night, I decided to cross the last thing off my to do list and sanitize the bottles and find a place for them in my postage stamp sized kitchen.
 
It was easier than I though to find space and I patted myself on the back for being such a baller Mom already. Need to create space out of nowhere for my kid? Poof! Done. I could do anything.
 
I read the directions, boiled some water, set a timer, and waited.
 
When I pulled the bottles out, this is what I saw:
 
The stupid mfers melted. I re-read the directions to make sure I wasn't an idiot. Thanks Avent, I just destroyed 3 bottles. Thankfully, I didn't do them all at once. I read the directions on the Playtex bottles and they said to just do the silicone parts and wash the rest in hot water. Glad SOMEONE knows that they are doing.
 
Thankfully, Babies 'R Us took them back. But, it definitely put a damper in my Baller Mama mood.
 
Now that I'm at my due date (and pretty much for the last FOREVER) the questions have been coming. This popped up in my app the other day. Truer words have never been spoken.

It's not everyone that bothers me. Just work people. And people who haven't talked to me in forever, and have really no interest in my life who all of a sudden want to play 20 questions because I'm about to have a baby. No thanks people.
 
We took Mr. Fresh with us for the dry run to the hospital. He hadn't been out of the house in awhile due to the weather and I wanted to see how well he would do with the car seat. Well... he didn't. He wanted nothing to do with the 2/3 of the seat he could still have. All he wanted was that one bit of space he couldn't have. Typical man, always wanting what he can't have. Haha. I kid. I kid.

 
Linking up with Kristin over at Mama and Mou!
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Woah! You are SO close now! Crazy! Are you taking any time off of work before hand? To think, no matter what...this time next week you may have met your son (or in the process of it! ha!)! Honestly dude, I wish you nothing but the best in the next 7 days. I'm so glad to have gone through this adventure with you! I'll be thinking and praying for you over the next week! Xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha oh Felix. Get ready to share that backseat.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...