Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekend Recap

I think I'm going to just name March, "the month of anticipating labor".
 
Dear God I hope it isn't the WHOLE month.
 
This past weekend was a doozie.
 
Friday, I got out of work and headed to my massage. I could not have been more excited for this. My poor aching body needed a little TLC.
 
I showed up in all of my largeness and pretty much begged the woman to make me go into labor. Haha. She was super sweet and said she would do the best that she could. She said she would focus on some pressure points that might help. This one was a LOT more enjoyable than the one in November. I don't know if it was just a difference in people or if this woman went a little harder because I was so far along, but the one in November was a little wimpy.
 
I need someone to get all up in all of those knots. The other woman was practically a feather. It was alright, but I needed more. Thankfully, this one was amazing and I left there feeling like a giant puddle of goo, which is how I expect to feel.
 
She encouraged me to come back a couple weeks after I have the baby to get the fluid out and I was more than happy to agree to that. I casually mentioned this to Big A, as well as the fact that I'm now unfortunately out of gift cards, and he said he had no problem paying for one.
 
God, I love that man.
 
Friday was spent relaxing at home.
 
Saturday, Mumsie and I ran some errands and then spent a wonderful afternoon with my aunts, and my cousin who is visiting from Louisiana with her absolutely adorable daughter. Seriously, this kid is ridiculously cute. All smiles. And she genuinely appreciates you entertaining her. She's just the best. It was a great afternoon of girl talk and just spending time with some family that we definitely don't see often enough. I think the babies are going to help us get together more often though. Babies have a way of bringing people together.
 
I spent most of Saturday with back pain coming in and out as waves and feeling just altogether off. I woke up feeling off. It was 11:00 AM before I could peel myself out of bed and I just couldn't get myself awake. My body just wasn't right. N & J came over Saturday night and I spent most of the time feeling shifty on the couch, not really able to get comfortable.
 
Saturday night I didn't sleep a wink. Well... that's not true. Big A and I fell asleep for an hour with the TV still on, but that was it. Sometimes my coziest sleeps are when I fall asleep on him accidentally. Which just goes to show that we obviously are meant to be, because I'm not usually a touchy feely person and sometimes I literally can not get close enough to him. We will be all sorts of entangled with each other, watching TV, and it just isn't close enough. (AWWWW, I know... haha)
 
By 6:00 AM I had had enough and Big A found me sitting up in bed crying. He told me last night that he thought "this was it" and was getting ready to sprint out of bed. Haha. But I was just exhausted, I was having contractions all night, I was uncomfortable, I was in pain, it was terrible. I told him that I couldn't do this anymore and I felt so physically drained.
 
At 9:00 I finally just got up and went downstairs. I sat with a cup of coffee for about an hour and then started to deep clean the kitchen. I mean, do you KNOW how gross the top of a fridge gets? Who knew. The house is still kind of a disaster because I didn't get to finish, but it's already looking so much more neater and cleaner since I trashed so much stuff.
 
When Big A finally got up around 11ish  (man I wanted to kill him for still being asleep after sleeping ALL night - but I knew that was just the exhaustion talking) we headed out to Home Depot. We had some things we needed to buy (like shelves for the new bathroom) and we FINALLY bought a deep freezer. I'm so excited. I can't wait to start shopping at BJ's so I can buy all my meats and stuff in bulk for super cheap and store them there. Plus, Mumsie and I are making freezer meals this weekend and I had nowhere to put them. Thankfully my husband recognized my crazy eyes when I told him that we needed to get a freezer immediately and obliged! Haha
 
After that we headed to his parents' house to celebrate his dad's birthday. It was so much fun to catch up. It had been WAY too long since I had seen his family. We had a great time!
 
After that it was time to head home and just relax. I was still feeling contractions come and go, but nothing regular and nothing worse. I was finally able to sleep some last night and I woke up this morning feeling better than I have in WEEKS.
 
Hopefully, this was a sign of things to come. But man, I don't know if I can spend March doing this off and on. I mean... I'm OK now... but oh man... I don't know if I can wait much longer! It's time for dude to come.... NOW!
 
And that was my weekend. And probably what every post I write for the next X amount of days until he's here. Haha. Feel free to just skip all of my posts until you hear the big news! We have an appointment AND an ultrasound on Wednesday, so hopefully we will know more about the progress then. OH how I hope there was progress!
 


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like the little man is just about ready to come out. I can't believe how close you are, so exciting! Hope you can get some rest and stay comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe it's here! I'm sorry you had such a crappy weekend in terms of sleep, but massages are always awesome. Keep your head up homie - he'll be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure does sound like you are getting close! I hope it is sooner rather than later too! Sorry you didn't sleep well. Hoping to hear some good news in the next week or so!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When is your due date? Sorry you are so uncomfortable. I hope baby comes soon (and quick). Best wishes for an easy l&d. :)

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...