Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day Present

One of the things that is so exciting about having a baby is that you go through a whole bunch of exciting firsts. Seriously, almost every single day something new and exciting happens. It's a pretty amazing thing.
 
I really wanted to make sure that we were able to take the time and enjoy all of these firsts. I know that we need to make an effort to stay involved throughout all of Baby J's years, but I know that he's going to be changing so rapidly this first year that I wanted to make sure that we didn't miss anything.
 
It's a hard thing being a parent and it isn't for the faint of heart. While Baby J is one of the sweetest babies I have ever met, it was quite the adjustment getting used to life with a baby.
 
So... I wanted to make sure that Alex had a fabulous first Father's Day. I know life will get crazier with the years (and maybe even more kids) so I wanted to make sure this one really counted.
 
A couple of weeks ago, sneaky Baby J and I put together a special present for Alex. On one of my Mommy only outings I hit up Michaels for a cute collage frame. I had seen this idea a billion times and I always wanted to do it. (In fact, I have dozens of kid activities that I have "collected" long before Baby J was ever a sparkle in our eyes) The frame was a little pricey, but I had a 40% off coupon so that evened the blow a little bit. (Yes, the inner cheapskate and bargain shopper in me HAD to tell you the deal I got on it)
 
I waited for a day that Baby J was in a particularly good mood and got to taking pictures. He's normally a VERY happy baby, but I needed him in a mood where he was willing to put up with my shenanigans.
 
I can't believe how good the pictures came out!
 
 
Alex loved it! I also gave him a little present from me to my favorite Baby Daddy.
 
We made him breakfast and we all hung out for a little bit in the morning. Then he got to work on the lawn and Baby J and I hung out.
 
We then went to visit Alex's parents and sister. We had a nice couple of hours chatting and catching up. Showing them all of Baby J's new tricks. It was nice to catch up with them since we hadn't seen them since Memorial Day weekend.
 
When we got home, there was no time to spare. My parents, brother, and grandmother showed up probably about 15 minutes after we got home. We spent a nice night grilling outside and chatting. Baby J had quite the exhausting day and passed out by 7:00.
 
Although... not one to miss a party, he woke up at 8:00 and then again at 8:30. I think he knew no one (probably me, he always seems to know when I'm not there) was in the house. He did finally go to bed after that and was down for the night.
 
Poor tired guy.
 
We had a fabulous day celebrating all the wonderful Dads in our life! Needless to say I was super exhausted by the end of the day too and we all went to bed shortly after Baby J.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What a cute gift! He is seriously so adorable. Sounds like a great 1st Fathers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! The pictures turned out SO cute!! What a happy little dude!! Hope your hubby had a great first fathers day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures came out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute Father's Day gift idea!! And what a trooper he is for doing so good during the photo shoot! He's a happy boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...