Monday, October 6, 2014

Baby J: Four Months

Ladies...John...John...Ladies!
 
I can't believe that my tiny sweet baby is four months old (or at least he was when I originally started writing this). You are 18 lbs 3 ounces, and 26 inches long. You are in the 95% for weight and the 82% for height. At a whopping 44.5 cm, you're in the 98.99% for your big dome. It must be from all of those brains you got from your Mama.
 
We are slowly, but surely getting the hang of things here. I feel like I gain a little bit of myself back every single day and that has allowed me to relax a little. In relaxing, we've had a lot more fun!
 
Month 4 was a big month. As they all have been (and I'm sure all will be). Here are some of the recaps:
 
* The dreaded sleep regression. In true "you" fashion, you like to hit your milestones early. You hit the 4 month sleep regression right after you turned 3 months. That's one we probably could have waited for. Thankfully, it only lasted a couple weeks and you were back to your sweet self when we went on vacation. I don't know if I could have taken any more of it. It was a ROUGH time.
 
* On June 28th, you had your first dip in the pool. You like water, but this was a little cold. You squirmed and fussed for a minute, but then you loved it. As long as you were moving that is. As with everything, you have a need for speed. Standing still is NOT tolerated.
 
* You had your first 4th of July! And we learned that you can NOT sleep through fireworks. Hmm...
 
* On July 7th, you took your first trip to Martha's Vineyard. You were amazing! Daddy and I were worried about a vacation with a baby, but you took it all in stride. As usual.
 
* On July 9th, you had your first trip to the beach! You were tired and hungry and not quite sure of the waves, especially when they came crashing at you. Maybe next year kid. Haha.
 
* After trying and trying and trying all week long on vacation, you FINALLY rolled from your back to your belly on July 13th. And then gave your poor Mother a heart attack for days because you now liked to sleep on your belly with your face smooshed down. You slept fantastic...I on the other hand... was up all night every night making sure you were breathing.
 
* On July 20th you tried your first solids (other than the cereal that made you miserable), sweet potatoes. You LOVED it and never looked back!
 
You smile a lot in your sleep. It's so sweet to watch. I'd like to think it's because you're happy, and not just an involuntary reaction. You are also starting to find your voice. You realized that if you yell we pay attention, so you yell all the time. All. the. time. You are really enjoying reading, which I love. We read a couple books every single night and you sit so well for them. Your favorites right now are "Goodnight Martha's Vineyard" (from your great aunt Margie) and "SnugglePuppy". I'd LOVE to find out who gave you SnugglePuppy because it is your absolute FAVORITE. Any time you are upset, we just sing it to you and you are immediately all smiles.
 
You're getting so big so quick Little Man. We just need you to slow down, just a little bit. Daddy and I love you so very much!
 
 
What happened to my teenie tiny baby?

3 comments:

  1. He's getting so big so quick! I can't believe he can already roll over. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 18 pounds!! Healthy boy :)
    He got to go a lot of fun places during his 4th month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his "just chillin" pose. I can't believe how big he is!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...