Friday, October 3, 2014

What Do I Want to Be When I Grow Up?

You ever have one of those times where you are facing decisions in
 your life and there is this huge inner turmoil in your brain?
 
Welcome to my brain.
 
So, as you know I started this whole BeachBody Coach thing. I was so excited to get it all going, worked so hard on all of my pages, and then crickets. I mean, I wasn't expecting people to knock down my door with orders, but I expected some questions.
 
Nada.
 
So, I posted a little more, and people liked or commented, but still nothing.
 
Then, Katie asked me if this blog was donezo. Well... actually she asked me if "Crackle Creek" was donezo, but that's a whole different story, haha. And I was all, "No, but the other one is so much easier to do and I'm liking blogging again so I hope that I get back to it too.
 
And then I got to thinking, I don't LIKE this. I don't like posting a bunch of random shit to get people's attention (and money). I don't like putting all of my effort into another blog when I haven't even had the time to post my baby's 4 month update and he's 6 1/2 months. Why the hell am I spending all of my time on this "business" that isn't fun.
 
Anyone with children knows that spare time is rare. So, why am I spending it on something that I am dragging my feet on? Obviously, the extra money would be nice. And I'm enjoying doing the BeachBody programs myself. But I don't want to post a bunch of inspirational fitness quotes (while eating Halloween Oreos... not that that's what happened or anything) and do all this mumbo jumbo. Not knocking anyone who does, but those people "want" to, they "enjoy" it. I don't.
 
I want to make pretty things. I want to spend my free time talking about my sweet boy and painting pretty things. And doing fun, creative stuff. And I don't have time for that AND BeachBody.
 
So, I might be hanging up my BeachBody hat, before I really even started.
 
What I HAVE done though, is ordered 36 glasses to paint. And opened up an Etsy shop called "Fraggle Creations". There's nothing there, but it's a start. And I'm SOOOO excited. I mean, maybe ADD will kick in again (or life will smack me in the face) and this will be a pipe dream too. BUT, the difference is that I'm EXCITED.
 
So... maybe you will see some fun things to buy soon. Or see my chunky hunky little man. But you probably won't see any BeachBody stuff. Life's too short to do something your heart isn't into 100%. I mean... I'm still going to work on getting a smokin' body... and you'll probably hear about it. But, I don't think I'll be making a career out of it.

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm glad your back to posting here on Crackled Creek :) I'm interested in seeing your creative side.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...