Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Three Years... and to Many More!

Three years...
 
Damn does time fly!
 
I can't believe that it has been three years since I married my best friend. It was one of THE most amazing days of our lives. Everything was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

 
There isn't a day that goes by that I regret my choice. I know that we are the lucky ones that found our soul mates. The people we were meant to be with. We found our happily ever after.

 
I am constantly reminded of how amazing of a husband and a father he is. He is constantly working hard for us. Spending all day long working on cars in the heat, or the freezing cold, to make money. And then coming home and continuing to do it. Or working on the house. Or plowing.
 
It's such a comforting feeling to be able to go through life knowing that we will be OK. No matter what. We are far from rich, and there are times when things are VERY tight, but I never have to worry too much. I know that we have Alex. And he will figure it out.
 
We are a team. We are complete opposites. We have virtually nothing in common. But we work. We talked about this the other night, the realization that we have pretty much NO common interests. At all. The thing that works for us though, is that we are interested in each other. So if it is important to him, I make the time to be involved with it, or understand it. And he does the same. We've been married for 3 years, together for almost 8 1/2, and we just realized that we have nothing in common. It's never been an issue.
 
I love watching his relationship with our son grow. To watch our sweet boy's face light up when he sees that his daddy is home. To watch the day's sweat and wear wash off Alex's face the second he sees his boy. It's like his day never mattered in that moment. To watch them together, two buddies, just the guys, hanging out, is amazing.
 
He truly is the most amazing man that I have ever met. I am so unbelievably lucky that I get to call him mine!
 
So tonight, after out sweet boy goes to bed, we'll order some take out, open some champagne, and sit down together with our wedding flutes, as we do every year, and talk about how much our lives have changed over the past year. And how we can't wait to see what else life has in store for us.
 
He's my husband, my love, my best friend. My always and forever.


1 comment:

  1. Aww you guys are so sweet together. Love all the photos :-)

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...