Tuesday, September 1, 2015

What's Been Going On...

 A lot can happen in a year. A LOT can happen in 13 months. Throw a baby in the mix and life is literally NOTHING like it was at this time last year. Nothing. We get a lot more sleep now, which is nice. Haha.
 
In June, Alex and I got to have a little bit of the pre-baby life when we had our first full night away from the baby. (Although, at this point I should probably put "baby" since he is a horse) We had never planned on waiting this long for a night away, it just worked out that way. We were in Boston for a family wedding, that just so happened to include our babysitters (a.k.a. my parents) so our dear friend Nicole held down the fort for us at home. It was a two day event, that Alex couldn't make the first half of, so Baby J was my date. I contemplated the ramifications of bringing a baby to a wedding... in Boston...outside... but left with legit no choice other than to bring him or not go, I put on my big girl panties and brought him. He was an angel and I had a lot of help. But... yeah... babysitters are the way to go.
 
Saturday night was filled with delicious food, a hotel room, and an open bar. I should also mention that the Reception was within walking distance from the hotel and we got a pedicab back (in the pouring rain), so we took full advantage of this and partied like it was 1999... (or at least like we were 21 and could handle the hangover)
 
(Little sidenote... as a Congratulations to myself for kicking ass and losing my baby weight, mixed with my Mother's Day present, I went blonde for the Summer. I'm madly in love with it and I never want to go back. I mean... I will because I'm poor and blonde is not a good Winter look for me, but I love it!)
 
We had way too much fun and Sunday morning brought along the consequences of our actions and a mad dash to the vending machine to grossly overpay for a bottle of Gatorade. Although, that Gatorade tasted so good at that point that I probably would have traded Baby J for it! (Kidding!... kind of...)
 
It was nice to let loose, and recharge our parental batteries. The Gods smiled upon us and gave us a cold, rainy Sunday and a 4 hour nap to recover. Baby J got exactly 14,000 episodes of Mickey Mouse Club House and whatever snacks he pointed his tiny, pudgy fingers at.
 
Survival Mode Parenting at its finest.
 
Continuing in the world of "All About Me"... in January I decided to finally get off my ass and do something about my weight... again. We all went through the struggle together before when I was getting married and I couldn't believe that I had let myself get back to this place again.
 
I was miserable. Nothing fit. I refused to buy new clothes. I was WAY out of shape. When I was having trouble standing up getting Baby J out of the bath, I knew I had to get it together. This wasn't the mother that I wanted to be.
 
So... I set a goal to lose the rest of my baby weight by his 1st birthday (which was emotionally devastating, but we all made it through with minimal tears; note: I'm the only one who had a problem with it... shocking...) and I did it! With a couple weeks to spare.
 
I started by tracking what I was eating and then in February I started T25. Alpha was tough, but once I got into the weights in Beta I was HOOKED! I'm on Gamma now and madly in love. I'm not about 15 lbs LIGHTER than I was when I got pregnant and about 5 lbs lighter than when I got MARRIED! Which is insane to me. Although, it's funny to look at the scale and then look at pictures. I may only be a few pounds different, but the difference in my body is CRAZY. I definitely have more muscle this time around. It makes so much of a difference to following a program that works and that you LOVE!
A year difference. Absolutely crazy.
 
I've become completely addicted to this new lifestyle and it feels amazing. I'm definitely not so strict with myself now that I'm within 10 lbs of my goal weight, but I'm not stopping now. I've totally drank the BeachBody Kool-Aid.
 
I was so inspired by how far I had come that I wanted EVERYONE to know how great all of this was, so I became I Coach again. I was a Coach last Fall for a hot second, but I wasn't ready to really be serious about this. And timing is everything. Once I was in though, I was HOOKED!
 
We do a lot of challenges that are absolutely amazing for the support and the motivation. They also lead to a lot of these gems on my phone...
 
 
I mean... I know Alex knows he is such a lucky man, but I feel like if he saw these pictures he would just fall in love with me all over again. I mean, who doesn't love awkward sweaty selfies?!
 
And now onto the reason I'm sure you all are here, because no one cares about us anymore. It's all about the Mini Man!
 
He's amazing. Honestly, I know I'm his mom, but he's legit one of the best kids I have ever met. He's funny, he knows how to do stuff to make you laugh. He's sweet, and smart, and inquisitive. He's just the best thing ever.
 
He's also attached to my hip most days (thank you Separation Anxiety), along with Felix (who is now referred to as Dog-A). So, this is my scene most days:

 
Best friends, who are never too far away. Most of the time they both need to be touching me. Sometimes (rarely) they love on each other and I can watch from a distance. With no one touching me. Drinking a beverage that I don't have to share. Or sneaking a snack (who else has the Mom-cough down so that your kids don't hear you opening a food wrapper or the refrigerator?)
 
So life looks a lot different. A lot crazier. Busier. Stressful. Happy. Exciting. Full-filling. It's SO different. But SO much better!




2 comments:

  1. I am so insanely happy for you and getting in shape! You look SO amazing. But I'm not going to lie, this post literally made me tear up. The few months since I had stopped nursing has been rough! All the sudden I am putting on weight like crazy and it has been tough on my self esteem. I feel so BLAH and down on myself. I need a kick in the butt! This is the heaviest I've ever been (not pregnant).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all your hard work- you look awesome!! Sounds like you guys had fun at the wedding too. Was it a costume deal, or what's with the hippie geal? lol.

    Jen

    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...